Evan F. Moore
Download CV | Awards | Professional Organizations | References
M.A. in Journalism Roosevelt University
Social Media Direction
Photoshop/Pixlr/InDesign Work Experience
Journalist, Chicago, IL January 2011 – present
In my time as a journalist and content writer, I’ve written news stories, columns and feature articles. I’ve covered sporting events, school board meetings, crime scenes and press conferences. Along the way, I’ve used social media to augment my stories.
The topics I’ve written about consist of topics in sports, crime, advocacy,violence, politics, culture and race relations. I’ve made media appearances on TV(national and local), radio, along podcasts. Also, I take my own photos and shoot my own footage for stories I’ve written.
- Creating content for various platforms.
- Published work has been featured in DNAinfo,ESPN’s The Undefeated,Bleacher Report,Chicagoist, Rolling Stone, Big Ten Live, Leading Lawyers, Fansided, Dillard Today, The Nation, Chicago Magazine, Ebony, Crain’s Chicago Business, Chicago Tribune, The Reader, Daily Southtown, The Shadow League, Thrillist, RedEye, Gapers Block, Chicago Reporter, Daily Herald, Huffington Post, Time Out Chicago and in Community Media Workshop’s "We Are Not Alone/No Estamos Solos" project on youth violence.
Associate Editor The Magazine of Sigma Chi
Evanston, IL August 2017- present
- Fact checking.
- Editing and writing content for Sigma Chi International Fraternity.
Adjunct Instructor DePaul University, Chicago,IL January 2017- present
Since January of 2017, I’ve had the pleasure of teaching a news reporting class for the Winter Quarter.
- Edited the students work along with providing editorial guidance.
Syndicated Columnist, Gatehouse Media December 2016 - present
- I write syndicated columns on sports, race, violence and culture that appears in 120 daily newspapers and 400 weekly newspapers.
Neighborhood Square Moderator DNAinfo.com September 2016 - September 2017
Moderating DNAinfo’s comment section.
- I provided customer service by answering reader's emails regarding Neighborhood Square, DNAinfo’s social media website.
Editorial Director, Truestar Magazine, Chicago, IL January 2014- August 2016
“The Park,” was a quarterly teen magazine publication distributed by the Chicago Park District in partnership with True Star Magazine and the Chicago Public School’s “After School Matters” program.
- General responsibilities included creating overall direction of the magazine, journalism ethics teaching and coaching high school writers in the program, assignment of stories, scheduling subject interviews and copy editing.
Reporting copy editing, assisting in laying out newspapers, researching, fact-checking, booking guests, proofreading news stories, writing headlines and serving as social media director.
- Comcast SportsNet Chicago
- Chicago Reporter
- WVON 1690 AM
- Extra Bilingual Newspaper